[ Photo Gallery]
Suwit Aritlcle and news on July 20 ,2015
A Short Introduction to Muay Thai
Muay Thai is a martial art, combat sport and fitness activity that can help you protect and defend yourself. There are also hundreds of professional Muay Thai fighters which means that this is a serious sport. However, what most people are interested in is the large number of fitness and health benefits related to this interesting sport.
Muay Thai just like other martial arts comes with a number of mental and physical health benefits:
- Weight - People who want to lose weight can speed up their efforts with Muay Thai training because the exercise will help you burn many calories and tone your muscles (accelerates metabolism).
- Conditioning - Muay Thai training is an excellent way to strengthen and tone the muscles
- Agility/flexibility - Both your flexibility and agility will be improved through this type of training which ultimately means better coordination.
- Stamina - Muay Thai is a total body workout. In other words, you will improve your endurance and stamina too.
- Mental health - As previously mentioned, Muay Thai training is good for mental health too. You will reduce stress, increase self-confidence and improve focus and concentration.
How to start with Muay Thai training
The best way to learn Muay Thai and enjoy its benefits is to travel to Thailand where you can find some Muay Thai training camp. These camps offer different programs for different students. What you need is a clean facility, with the needed equipment and a good instructor. You can ask your friends and colleagues for reference or use the power of the Internet and do an online research. If you believe that you have found the right training camp it is a good idea to watch one class in order to find out how it looks.
The instructors will also tell you what you need for the training class (clothing, equipment), although you won't need much. People who train Muay Thai usually take one or two classes per day and these classes last between one and two hours. The good thing is that you will develop a workout routine that you will probably continue to practice even when you get back home.
SuWit Muay Thai : 15 Moo 1 , Choa Fa Rd , T. Chalong , A. Muang , Phuket , Thailand , 83130
Tel . (66) 76 374313
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved by Koy